Thing 24: Google Drawings

I really enjoyed playing around with google drawings! First I explored auto draw. This was life changing! I do not consider myself an artist by any means but I am not horrible either. This made my life so much easier! When I model during writer's workshop not only do I model writing but I model quick sketches as well. This will help my pictures be a little bit more clear. Also, some of my students spend so much time, sometimes too much time, on their pictures and do not focus on their writing. I can see myself having some of my first grade friends using this to speed up the process a bit. 

Below is my picture of a sad ice cream cone and the auto draw version. 

I then explored using the template. I built a snowman. I LOVED THIS! I can totally see my student doing this. I especially loved the writing aspect that was attached to this. Many of my friends struggle with writing and this would be a great way to introduce our "how-to" writing unit. I am excited to try this in my classroom. 

Here is my snowman!



Comments

  1. I just love the snowman template. Such a fun activity and sneaks the writing in as well! And like you, the autodraw really helps me out, I can't draw for the life of me. It's such an interesting tool.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Thing 1: Getting Started

Thing 11: Digital Tattoo & Digital Citizenship

Thing 14: Bitmoji Fun